Hope After Westgate #WeAreOne PFA Intervention
We are One! - Progress Updates as at 24th Sep.
- Created on 25 September 2013
This intervention commenced on Sunday September 22 and has been running for two days.
Within these two days, the following has been accomplished:
- In response to communication, between Sunday Sept 22 and Monday Sept 23, 198 Psychologists and Counselors have been trained in Psychological First Aid.
- Many more Psychologists and Counselors have been waitlisted since the Kenya Red Cross communicated that we can stop and deploy this team first.
- Amid the 198 trained helpers are Diploma and Higher Diploma Counselors, BA and MA Counselors and Psychologists and PsyD and PhD Psychologists.
- A Coordinating Committee is in place, and these will run the affairs of the whole operation.
- An Overall Set-Up Team of three Psychologists was put in placeset up
- A Secretariat Team of IT and Logistic Team was set up
- A Reporting System was put in place for daily information gathering and handing over reports to Helen Mwanguvia at the Kenya Red Cross